Break the Addiction Cycle with Substance Abuse Counseling
- Have you noticed that every time you drink you end up “drunk”?
- Are your relationships becoming strenuous because of drug use?
- Is your job performance suffering because of your drinking?
- Do you feel that your day goes by with one thought in mind: when will I get to use?
- Is your health taking a toll because of your habits?
- Did you just have a wake-up call that you need to stop using or drinking?
- Have you recently left a residential treatment and need help adjusting back to your life?
- Did you get a DUI and need to complete counseling requirements?
- Do you have a significant other or family member drinking or using and would like to help him?
Substance Abuse and Addiction is an issue that affects all socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds. You are not alone! According to the National Council of Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, Inc. 1 in 12 adults suffer from alcohol abuse or dependence, and 20% of the U.S. population are struggling with substance abuse or addiction.
Do you dream of a harmonious life?
You may be struggling with substance abuse if you don't use drugs and alcohol every day, however:
- When you do, you tend to abuse it.
- You start drinking with the goal of getting “wasted.”
- Your significant other and/or family members say that you have a problem with alcohol or drugs.
- You are having legal issues, such as a DUI, and need to complete mandatory counseling.
- Your job performance is decreasing.
- You are financially struggling because of your increase in spending on alcohol and/or drugs.
Reclaim your Life
Different to having a substance abuse issue, addiction occurs when a person’s life revolves around the idea of using a mood-altering chemical or risky activity, such as gambling, self-harm, amongst others. A person who is struggling with addiction changes their routine to fulfill the needs of a craving. For example, a smoker will make sure to take a 15-minute break every 2 hours to fulfill the craving for nicotine. Addiction becomes a problem when it takes over, limiting focus on anything but how the next “score” will be obtained as well as when it will take place.
This may be your first try at stopping the vicious cycle of substance and alcohol abuse and addiction…or one of many trials. You might be looking for a fresh pair of eyes to help you in the journey of recovery.
I CAN HELP
Together, we can work at generating the insight and awareness that you need to reclaim your life and rebuild and create new relationships. I have thorough understanding of 12 Step programs, such as Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous, and the training to work with other approaches as well. Overall, I offer personalized treatment to each one of my clients to fit their emotional, family, career, and spiritual needs. I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and Certified Addictions Professional. To read more about me, click here.