PSYCHOLOGICAL TESTING IN PLANTATION
- Is your child struggling with his academic performance?
- Is it hard for your child to make friends?
- Is your child having trouble focusing or following directions?
- Are you wondering if there’s something you can do to help him succeed?
As parents, we understand that you strive for the best for your children. You have big dreams for them and hope they can be as successful and happy as they can be. But, what if your child starts showing some signs that may point at a learning disability? A new mission is ahead of you and your child. It may seem like an insurmountable obstacle but with the help of the right psychologist who can evaluate your child accurately to get to the root of the problem you can rest assured that you will be guided through the proper treatment for your child.
Children with Learning Disabilities can succeed in school and later in life with the proper diagnosis and treatment.
With the help of a well-trained psychologist in Plantation, FL you may find your way to a better life and get the tools for your child to cope with his disability.
Some academic testing may be needed as well as close observations as part of the testing process. Our psychologist will lead the way of the process as well as provide you with proper recommendations to help your child succeed.
Are you overwhelmed and don't know where to start? Just call us at 954-903-1676. We are here to help you and your child. You are not alone!
Learning disabilities are more common than you might think. According to recent studies between 8% to 10% of children under age 18 in the USA may have some type of learning disability or academic challenge. Getting support from a psychologist who specializes in psychological evaluations is crucial to determine the problem and start building a tailored plan for your child’s treatment.
It’s never too late to get help but in most cases, the earlier the intervention the better outcome might be!
Other neurodevelopmental disorders can be diagnosed with the help of a psychologist in Broward County. So, do not hesitate to contact us at 954-903-1676 for a free 15-min. phone consultation.
PSYCHOLOGICAL TESTING IS BENEFICIAL WHEN:
- Your child is experiencing anxiety episodes or depression
- Your child is having behavioral or conduct issues
- Your child is showing emotional difficulties
- Your child’s performance in school is poor
- You are wondering if your child might have the following diagnosis: Autism Spectrum Disorders, Intellectual Disability, Attention Deficit /Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Dyslexia, Learning Disorder, Asperger’s Syndrome, among others.
- Your child is having social issues or family problems
- Your child is gifted and talented
- Your child has been diagnosed elsewhere and you want to confirm the diagnosis accuracy
Do you wonder if psychological testing is worth it?
Psychological testing is well worth the time and effort invested because it will give you a complete understanding of your child, identify his challenges and needs in a very efficient way so the psychologist can discover the underlying problems and put a plan in place without wasting precious time or guessing what the problem is. A psychological evaluation and/or an academic evaluation are the most effective ways a mental health professional can work with to make sure of getting an accurate diagnosis and treating the core of the problem with satisfactory results.[mp_heading]
In these challenging times, you have our professional support. Call us now at 954-903-1676 for a complimentary 15-min. consult.
Infinite Therapeutic Services has the expertise in working with children and teenagers with different academic, emotional or behavioral issues and provides a safe, open and warm climate where kids can feel comfortable, respected and valued. You can ease your mind while we find the answers.
How do I know if my child is gifted? Why should I test him/her?
Gifted children have diverse characteristics. These are the most common ones:
- Your child is a perfectionist
- If it’s easy for your child to understand concepts that other kids struggle with
- Your child shows an outstanding memory
- Your child enjoys solving puzzles and problems where numbers are involved
- Your child has an extensive vocabulary for his age and composes complex sentences
- Understands metaphors easily
- Your child has an unusual sense of humor
- Your child is a daydreamer and very sensitive
- Your child gets bored easily at school
- Your child can stay focus for long periods of time
- Your child is curious
- As a preschooler, your child self-taught how to read and write.
Every child is unique and they can show different characteristics or traits of giftedness so sometimes it can be confusing for parents without professional support to really discover if their kid is gifted or not. Some characteristics may be confused with a diagnosis like ADHD. That’s why a psychological evaluation is recommended.
We recommend an evaluation of your child for giftedness in case:
-You notice that he/she is not happy in his learning environment
-Your child exhibits some of the characteristics mentioned above
-You want your child to apply to a gifted program for talented or gifted kids and you need a psychological evaluation in Broward County for admission
-You suspect that your child is gifted but may have a learning disability that is not letting him/her fully develop.
If you want to help your child thrive in life it is important to get to know his talents and challenges. Some children feel out of sync with their classmates so being able to bring options according to their capabilities can guarantee a better future for them and peace of mind to you.
WE ARE HERE TO GUIDE YOU THROUGH THIS JOURNEY.
Just give us a call at 954-903-1676 to schedule a 15-min. consult with our psychologist expert in academic testing.
We look forward to hearing from you today!